This blog post has 743 blog views; totally amazing!!! Thank you all for visiting my blog!!!
OMGosh...what a relief from that awful stifling humidity. It's such a cool, refreshing day outside today. Only supposed to be about 73 today and then back into the 80's for the weekend. Ahhhhhhh....what a breath of fresh air!!!
My card share today is a fun, fishy, aquarium style card that I designed using Stampin' Up's new Seaside Shore and Best Birds Stamp Sets and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies. I LOVE how it turned out. Let's take a look:
What a fun, bright and cheery card that was so much fun to make! I LOVE the bold, bright colors!
My card base is SU Bermuda Bay Cardstock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored and folded at 4-1/4".
My card front panel also Bermuda Bay Cardstcok cut at 5-1/2" x 4-1/4".
Sorry for the glares in the windows of the card. It's so hard to photograph acetate.
Using SU's Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies, I die cut the long scribbles die 3 times with Bermuda Bay Cardstock.
I adhered the 3 die cuts to my card front panel as shown in the picture using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue. The die cuts overhang the edges of the card front panel so I trimmed them off using my SU snips.
Then, using SU's new Layering Circles Framelits Dies, I die cut 3 holes in the card front panel.
I laid the card front panel over my card base and lightly drew the circles onto the card base using a pencil. This will show you where you will adhere your fish and sea grass onto your card base. The pencil marks are easily erased.
I also die cut 3 circles of SU's window sheets in the next largest size circles and adhered them to the back of the card front using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I used SU's new Foam Strips and adhered them to the back of each circle on the card front panel to create a shaker type environment for the fish without the shaker elements (sequins, beads; etc.). I only put the fish and the sea grass in each window.
I stamped the 3 Fish and 5 Seagrass in SU's new Seaside Shore Stamp Set onto SU's Shimmery White Cardstock using Basic Black Archival Ink.
I colored each image using SU's Stampin' Write Markers in Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie for the fish and Emerald Envy for the Seagrass.
I brushed on some Clear Wink of Stella on each Seagrass to give them a glittery shine.
One Fish and one Seagrass was adhered in each circle on my card base using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue for the Seagrass and Stampin' Dimensionals for the fish and I erased all my pencil marks.
SU's new Foam Strips are a tad bit higher than SU's Stampin' Dimensionals so there is still room in-between the fish and the window sheet.
I added 2 small and 1 large SU Silver Metallic Enamel Circles by the orange fish to make it look like air bubbles.
I stamped the Rope Piece onto Shimmery White Cardstock using SU Basic Black Archival Ink.
I stamped the Anchor in SU Bacis Gray Archival Ink, the Clam Shells in Sahara
Sand, the Starfish in Tip Top Taupe and the Sentiment in Pumpkin Pie Inks. I brushed some Clear Wink of Stella onto the Clam Shells and Starfish; but, it didn't show up in the picture.
I colored the Rope Piece using a Stampin' Write Marker in Bermuda Bay.
I adhered the Seagrass, the Anchor, the Rope Piece, the Starfish and the Sentiment in a collage style format using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I used my Petal Roller Tool to cup and curve the edges of the Clams and adhered them using Stampin' Dimensionals.
I adhered my card front panel to my card base using extra Foam Strips around the edges and in-between the foam circles.
I waited for the sun to go back down to take a picture of the inside of the card; but, it took too long. Sometimes, too much light can change the color of your cardstock which it did for this picture. Sorry!
For the inside of my card, I stamped the Cross Hatch stamp from SU's new Best Birds Stamp Set in Bermuda Bay Ink.
I stamped my Sentiment from Seaside Shore Stamp Set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a piece of SU's Vellum Cardstock. I punched it out using SU's 2" Scalloped Circle Punch and adhered it using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue strategically placed behind the letters of the Sentiment. You don't want the glue to show through on your vellum.
I stamped and colored another Fish, Clam and Starfish and adhered them using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
Phew...I hope I got everything listed. I apologize if I missed something.
LOVE how this card turned out. I don't do many collage type cards and I think I did o.k. with the small collage I created. It really looks 3D which I am really happy with!
That's all I have for today! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!
I recently discovered that people are using my cards and/or projects, duplicating them and entering them into challenges and using them for their own card classes. My cards and projects are my own creations and are not to be used in challenges, blog hops, card classes or sold at craft shows; etc., for profit. I don't mind if you duplicate my creativity to pass on to family members or friends as gifts or Occasions cards; but, PLEASE be considerate of others creativity! Thank you!
If you are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, you can order from me on-line at www.stampinup.com and please choose me, Lynn Gauthier, as your Demonstrator.
This is my first blog and it is still under construction. I have yet to receive my Watermark so the picture's are copyright Lynn A. Gauthier, 2015-2016 Stampin' Up.