My share for today is a Gate Fold card that I designed using Stampin' Up's new Cookie Cutter Halloween, Spooky Fun, Jar of Haunts, Halloween Treat, Jolly Friends Stamp Sets and Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies and Layering Squares Framelits Dies.
Let's take a look:
My card base is Stampin' Up's Basic Black Cardstock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". I scored and folded my card base at 2-1/8" in from each 5-1/2" end.
The two panels on the front of my card are the Striped pieces from SU's new Halloween Night Designer Series Paper cut at 1-1/2" x 5-1/16" and adhered to the front 'gate' panels of my card base with Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
The two 'gate' inside panels (left and right) are SU's Pumpkin Pie Cardstock cut at 1-3/4" x 5-1/16" and two of the Spooky House DSP panels cut at 1-1/2" x 4-9/16". I adhered the DSP panels to the Pumpkin Pie Panels and then to the 'gate' inside panels of my card base using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
Using SU's Spooky Fun Stamp Set, I stamped the Ghosts onto Vellum Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink, fussy cut them out and adhered one above two of the houses with a small dab of glue behind the Ghosts' faces using SU's Fine Tip Glue Bottle.
For my inside center top panel, I trimmed out a piece of the Bat Halloween Night DSP to 3-1/8" x 3-11/16" and adhered it to the top using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue keeping it level at the top with the top of the side panels.
I trimmed out a piece of the Brick Halloween Night DSP to 2-15/16" x 3-11/16". I put a strip of SU's Tear & Tape across the bottom and one on each side edge to form the pocket for my tag/card and adhered it directly below the Bat DSP.
Using Jar of Haunts Stamp Set, I stamped the Pumpkin and Pumpkin Face onto Pumpkin Pie Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink, fussy cut it out and adhered it to the Brick DSP using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I stamped the Leaf and Stem onto Shimmery White Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink. I colored the Leaf and Stem with Stampin' Write Markers in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Soft Suede. I fussy cut it out and adhered it to the top of the Pumpkin using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I stamped the Eyes onto Old Olive Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink, fussy cut them out and adhered them to the Brick DSP with Mono Multi-Purpose Glue. I added Crystal Effects (Retired) to each eye and let it dry.
Above is a close-up of the Vellum Cardstock Ghosts and the Halloween Night DSP on the left inside 'gate' panel. With this piece of DSP, you really don't have to do any stamping. It's all there for you on the DSP.
Above is a close-up of the Vellum Cardstock Ghosts and the Halloween Night DSP on the right inside 'gate' panel. Such a fun piece of DSP.
Here's a close-up of the Pumpkin and the Eyes on the Brick DSP.
For my Tag insert, I stamped SU's new Halloween Treat Stamp 3 times onto Shimmery White Cardstock; once in Basic Black Archival Ink, once in Old Olive Ink and once in Pumpkin Pie Ink.
I fussy cut out Happy Halloween with the two lines and the Trick or Treat with the Pumpkins and adhered them onto the Basic Black stamped piece.
Using my 1/4" Handheld Punch, I punched a hole in the top of my Tag and threaded a piece of SU's 5/8" Burlap Ribbon through the hole and tied it off in a bow with SU's new Halloween Night Baker's Twine in Orange & Black and Gray & Black.
For my Belly Band; using SU's Layering Squares Framelits Dies, I die cut one scalloped edge square from Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and one straight edge square from Basic Black Cardstock.
I stamped the Little Stars from SU's new JolIy Friends Stamp Set in White Kraft Ink and let it dry. Once it was dry, I added some Wink of Stella to each Star. I then adhered the 2 squares together using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I trimmed out a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock at 3/4" x 10-1/4" for the Belly Band, wrapped it around my card and adhered it together loosely in the back with Mono Multi-Purpose Glue. I adhered the squares to the front of my Belly Band.
I stamped the Skeleton from SU's new Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I used my Blender Pen and Soft Suede Ink to color and move the ink around on the Skeleton.
I added Crystal Effects (Retired) to the Skeletons eyes and teeth and let it dry. Once it was dry, I adhered the Skeleton to my Belly Band with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Using SU's new Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies, I die cut a Bat from Basic Black Cardstock and adhered it to the top corner on the front of my card.
My Gate Fold card actually came together rather quickly even though it looks like a lot of work. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!
That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I recently discovered that people are using my cards and/or projects, duplicating them and entering them into challenges and using them for their own card classes. My cards and projects are my own creations and are not to be used in challenges, blog hops, card classes or sold at craft shows; etc., for profit. I don't mind if you duplicate my creativity to pass on to family members or friends as gifts or Occasions cards; but, PLEASE be considerate of others creativity! Thank you!
If you are interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, you can order from me on-line at www.stampinup.com and please choose me, Lynn Gauthier, as your Demonstrator.
This is my first blog and it is still under construction. I have yet to receive my Watermark so the picture's are copyright Lynn A. Gauthier, 2015-2016 Stampin' Up.