Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

I got home from the hospital Saturday night and I'm recovering as well as can be expected from lung surgery.  I had a Granuloma on my upper left lung that had doubled in size which is a sign of cancer and, thank the Good Lord above, it was not cancer.  The Surgeon even removed some lymph nodes in the surrounding areas and they came back benign also.  For sure, I thank all my Prayer Warriors out there for all the kind thoughts and prayers that you sent my way.  

It is not an easy surgery as they deflate the lung and have a machine breathe for you while the Surgeon does his miracle.  The Pathologist is right in the OR and does the biopsy as you are still asleep.  Since it was not cancer, the Surgeon terminated the procedure.  Then you have to get that lung back up and breathing again on its own.  And, of course, every breathe you take hurts like the dickens and should gradually subside over time.  It's the coughing that is awful too and expected of you to do along with working a Spirometer up and down.  I still can't yawn as it is too painful.  I get a yawn started and I stop almost as soon as it starts.  And, of course, the incisions are also quite painful.  I'm also thankful that I sleep on my right side as there is no way that I could even think about sleeping on my left side let alone do it.  

So...So far, all is going pretty well and I'm not doing very much at all.  It's kind of odd for me as I miss working on my Stampin' Up! stuff; but, I don't have enough ambition to start it up again right now.

Anyways...I hope that God Blesses each and everyone of you and I hope that you have the best Thanksgiving as you can possibly have during these times!!!

So Grateful For You!!!

Lynn  

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a very good recovery. Follow doctor's orders, do I hear a 'yes, Mother'. So glad the news as good, it makes the healing so much better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete