Monday, July 4, 2016

Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin June 2016 Banner Surprise Alternate Card Blooms & Birds Best Birds Touches of Texture

Happy 4th of July!  What a gorgeous day!  The sun is full on and it's supposed to be in the mid to high 80's.  Hopefully, I will be out on the pontoon fishing when you read this!  =)

I don't have a typical 4th of July card; but, I'll share my Paper Pumpkin Alternate card with you today.

If you follow my blog, you all know by now that I do my Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin Kit's in reverse.  Instead of showing how the kit is actually made by the instructions, I start out by showing Alternate cards or projects that I design using the contents of the kits and elements from my personal stash.

So...Let's take a look at a card I designed using Stampin' Up's June 2016 Banner Surprise Paper Pumpkin Kit:


































What a fun, fun kit this is!!!  I'll be showing you the banner made with the cello bag banners and sequins that wrap around the card base when I get back from my Stay-cation.  Again, I'll only post if I find some time to do a blog post during my week off.

I took one of the card bases from the kit and stamped the white stripes by stamping off once and then stamping onto the card base without re-inking.  I used SU's Delightful Dijon Ink and the long, flower, dotted background stamp from SU's new Touches of Texture Stamp Set.





























I stamped the bird from SU's new Best Birds Stamp Set on SU's Shimmery White Cardstock with SU's Black Archival Ink.

Using SU's new Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies, I die cut out the bird.
 
I then used an Aqua Painter Brush and SU's Pacific Point and Marina Mist Inks to color the bird's body and PeekABoo Peach to color the birds belly.  I was going for the look of a blue bird and think that I did O.K.
 


























I stamped the tree branch from Best Birds Stamp Set twice; once in Soft Suede and once in Old Olive Inks.

I die cut the branches out using Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies and then fussy cut the leaves off of the Old Olive branch and adhered them onto the Soft Suede branch.  Once I decided where I wanted the branches to go, I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the lower branch and just a little on the very left and very right of the upper branch to give them some dimension in different areas.  In the spots without Stampin' Dimensionals, I used Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.


I stamped Happy Birthday in Black Archival Ink using the Banner Surprise Stamp Set that comes in the June Paper Pumpkin kit.

I stamped the flowers in Delightful Dijon Ink and die cut them out.

Using my Stampin' Write Markers in Delightful Dijon, Soft Suede and Old Olive Inks, I colored the flower with the small branch stamp, huffed on it and stamped it on Shimmery White Cardstock. Then, I die cut them out too.

I then randomly adhered the flowers onto the branches as shown in the picture using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.

Using some of the smallest peach colored sequins that come in the kit, I adhered them to the centers of my flowers.  

I added one of the smallest SU Basic Jewel Pearls to the center of each flower.


I stamped one of the many circles that come in the kit using the cross hatch type stamp from SU's Best Birds Stamp Set in Marina Mist, again stamping off once.

Using SU's 1-3/4" Circle Punch, I punched a circle out of SU's Vellum and lightly sponged it with a sponge dauber and PeekABoo Peach Ink.

Using the dotted circle stamp in the Banner Surprise Stamp Set, I stamped it on the sponged vellum circle with full strength PeekABoo Peach Ink.

Using SU's Black Metallic Thread, I made 3 loops behind the cross hatch circle and adhered it just above the branch with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I then adhered the sponged vellum circle and the bird with Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.









I cut a long thread from SU's new 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and wrapped it through the hole in the card base on the left side and around the notch on the right side of my card base and tied it off in a knot.

I cut another long thread from SU's new 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, tied a triple bow and adhered it to the knot as shown in the picture with Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.

Using SU's new 2016-2018 In-Color Enamel Shapes, I adhered one to the bow and two by the sentiment on the card base.

That's all I have for today!    I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I did making it.   Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I'll Be Back Next Monday!

Have a great 4th of July!!!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! I love the bird and the branch and the lace trimmed panel. Beautiful job, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete