We have another chance of thunderstorms again today. Mostly, they are supposed to stay South of us and some are supposed to be severe with tornado warnings. I hope it doesn't get that bad!
have another Recipe Card Swap for today that I designed for my good
friend and fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator, Kadie, and her group. I
can't wait to see what everyone else designed.
Let's take a look:
Isn't she just too cute sitting on her nest of raffia.
My recipe card base is Stampin' Up Early Espresso Cardstock cut at 8" x 8".
I found the barn wood scrapbook paper at a local dollar store and adhered it to the top part of my recipe card base using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
For the chicken's nest, I trimmed a bunch of natural raffia that I had in my stash and adhered the ends of a lot of thin strips to the recipe card base using Mono-Multi Purpose Glue.
For Ms Chicken's body, I started with a punched circle from SU's Whisper White Cardstock using SU's 1-3/4" Circle Punch.
For the chicken's belly, I punched a large oval using SU's Large Oval Punch and adhered it to the circle using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
For the wings, I used SU's Blossom Punch (Retired) and punched out a blossom, trimmed off 2 of the petals and adhered them to the sides of the chicken using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
For the head, I used SU's Full Heart Punch (Retired) and rounded the point of the heart. I adhered it to the chicken's body using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
For the tail feathers, I used SU's Blossom Petals Punch (Retired), trimmed off 1 petal and adhered the tip of the petal to the top of the body behind the head.
For the comb, I used SU's Blossom Punch (Retired) and Real Red Cardstock, trimmed off the top of a petal and adhered it behind the head using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I then adhered a couple Stampin' Dimensionals behind the head to adhere it to the tail feathers and to give it a 3D look.
For the face, I used SU's Owl Builder Punch; 2 of the larger circles with Whisper White Cardstock, 2 of the smaller circles with Basic Black Cardstock, 1 heart in Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and 1 heart in Real Red Cardstock. They were all adhered to the chicken's head using Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.
I adhered the chicken's body to the recipe card base using Stampin' Dimensionals while using Mono-Multi Purpose Glue to adhere the tail feathers down for another 3D look.
I also used a dab of Mono-Multi Purpose Glue on each outside of the wing to adhere it to the recipe card base to give the belly a rounded, 3D look.
Using my Signo White Gel Pen, I added a little half moon mark to each eye.
Phew...that was a lot of work; but, oh-so-fun and oh-so-worth it!!!
I hope everyone enjoyed their recipe swap cards!
That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
recently discovered that people are using my cards and/or projects,
duplicating them and entering them into challenges and using them for their own card classes. My cards and
projects are my own creations and are not to be used in challenges, blog hops, card classes or
sold at craft shows; etc., for profit. I don't mind if you duplicate my
creativity to pass on to family members or friends as gifts or Occasions
cards; but, PLEASE be considerate of others creativity! Thank you!
If you are
interested in purchasing Stampin' Up products, you can order from me
on-line at www.stampinup.com and please choose me, Lynn Gauthier, as
This is my first blog and it is still under construction. I have yet to receive my Watermark so the picture's
are copyright Lynn A. Gauthier, 2015-2016 Stampin' Up.